UC Franchise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winners & Losers

2 posters

Go down

Winners & Losers Empty Winners & Losers

Post  Big Phil Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:02 am

Boxing. There are always winners and losers. And why is that? Why can’t both parties win? Occasionally you get a draw. But this is not a common event in boxing as more often it comes down to "Fear the man/woman who has nothing to lose"?

Why did Ricky Hatton not win his first return to boxing several days ago? Simply because deep down at the back of his mind he has LOT to lose. You only have to remember Michael Watson, and that must sit at the back of every boxer’s minds.

So how does this relate to UC? Most of the ex-franchisee’s that are no longer in stores are not should we say of “the well off kind”, and most sunk their lives as well as their money into the franchise network, only to have the rug pulled from beneath them when United could not keep the dream alive any longer. The dream that the franchise was sold on! Don’t believe me? Ask one of the ex franchisee’s for their business plans that was submitted to the bank in order to get the loan. A loan that in most cases was backed by Enterprise Finance Guarantee or DTI. Guess who picks up the tab?? Joe Public – The tax payer, as most of the franchisees do not have a “preverbal pot to go to the toilet in”.

So back to the statement “Fear the man/woman who has nothing to lose”. I think you have already seen evidence of people on this site and others that would gladly make a royal nuisance of themselves just for the sheer hell of it, and also to help prevent others falling into the same trap of potential riches that are as easy to come by as the winning numbers on the Euro!! “Fear the man/woman who has nothing to lose”.

Big Phil

Big Phil

http://www.carpetright.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Winners & Losers Empty Re: Winners & Losers

Post  Peeps1 Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:19 am

Oh the famous uc business plans I remember mine wish I had acted on the alarm bells and binned it

Peeps1

Back to top Go down

Winners & Losers Empty There is a paper trail

Post  Big Phil Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:37 am

Why would you want to bin such an important piece of information such as the business plan that was prepared on your behalf by United Carpets Franchise. This was the basis that if any they went to the bank to ask for money on your behalf. And should you like most of the ex franchisee's not have any money to repay the loan then the bank have to go to the government to get the money back. I don't know if you are aware, but with the type of loan that United Carpets help to get. If there is a certain failure rate for that particular sector of the market then the government pulls the plug and does not give the banks the guaranteed loan facilities that they had. Guess what I am guessing without speaking to the banks, that they are looking at United Carpets now as a three legged horse.

Not only that there is now the BFA (type bfa franchise into a search engine) to start to let our stories known. As should you remember when you bought your franchise it was a big selling point that they were BFA members. Now the BFA don't go looking for reasons to get rid of businesses. Why would they? Its a membership afterall. But give it enough bad press, and stories of the dise
enfranchised franchisee's and they may just look up and take notice.

Big Phil

Big Phil

http://www.carpetright.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Winners & Losers Empty Re: Winners & Losers

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum