UC Franchise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xmas meeting

3 posters

Go down

Xmas meeting Empty Xmas meeting

Post  flangenut2 Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:29 am

Evening all....anything interesting happen today at the meeting? Any secrets of franchise success etc? What was morale like etc? Was it a case of get your POS, wine and get out?

flangenut2

Back to top Go down

Xmas meeting Empty Re: Xmas meeting

Post  Peeps1 Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:23 am

I haven't heard anything today yet
Yesterday I was talking to a lovley but deluded friend telling me how Debbie and Paul are saying everything's on the up the companies cash rich and 2013 is going to be a good year they've got rid of all the rubbish and what's left is quality franchisees
Aparently number 1 carpet retailer cr as suffered too
What a crock of shit

Peeps1

Back to top Go down

Post  ticktock Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:58 am

I dont think carpetright figures that bad helped by revamping stores. Their problem is more in europe especially holland. Uk sales seem to marginally up. United carpets difficult to read. Some stores doing well and some quieter. I dont think we can write about united carpets demise just yet. There are debrick stores having what looks like a high stock levels which may mean impending new franchises. Debrick managers beware. Not sure if i am right but i think united carpets can re enter the stock market end of january so maybe some better news about new franchises may be their ploy. I feel a bit sorry for any new franchises who are paying £100000 to have a job for up to 5 years which in many cases will earn them just £125000 before tax. As the new regime dictates united carpets bills get paid first suppliers second and vat,hmrc,council fight over the crumbs. When a franchisee i slept better knowing vat,hmrc and rates were generally up to date. I know other franchisees who are very much under scrutiny by these bodies. Logic tells me that if United Carpets are going to close the odd store then it will be quite soon. I for one am not expecting a mass collapse. I am trying to be pragmatic about the situation and just in case some people want to be selective in reading this i think united carpets will in the medium time slowly grind to a halt. We may not like them but they still have very talented streetfighting retailers at the top. Every idea has its time but how long will it last. PE will no doubt be planning his own exit strategy whilst still running united carpets. united carpets franchise

ticktock

Back to top Go down

Post  ticktock Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:34 am

It's all gone very quiet on here. Is it just nothing to report or are people losing interest. Discuss the market is also quiet except for a blocking tactic from united carpets.obviously their raven is a bit touchy about disgruntled ex staff/franchisees posting opinions.

ticktock

Back to top Go down

Post  Peeps1 Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:39 am

I've been looking and agree very quiet
I think it's nothing to report rather than lack of intrest
It will pick up when trading slows down and Debbie and Paul start taking more shops back

Peeps1

Back to top Go down

Post  ticktock Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:18 am

Are brand managers going at beginning of 2013.or is that just rumour. If so would be interesting as to how they would keep an eye on stores.

ticktock

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum